0

Thoughts on the Golden Globes . . .

So, last night I watched the Golden Globes. There were only a few of the awards that I was interested in, and those are the ones I will discuss here. There were some beautiful dresses, but I'm not a fashion expert by any means so I'll leave those alone. I will say that I thought Jennifer Garner looked super skinny and not in a good way. She looked very gaunt, and the dress did nothing to help her figure at all. (Just my opinion!)

Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture
Eddie Murphy - Dreamgirls

I so wanted Mark Wahlberg to win this award. I thought he was wonderful in The Departed. Granted, I haven't seen Dreamgirls, but will.

Best Television Series - Drama
Grey’s Anatomy

I was very pleased that Grey's won. I couldn't decide if I wanted Grey's or Heroes to win!

Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Drama
Hugh Laurie - House

I was very sad that Michael C. Hall didn't win this award for Dexter. Michael does an amazing job with the character Dexter. I like Hugh Laurie as well, but really wanted to see Michael win this award.

Best Television Series - Musical or Comedy
Ugly Betty

I was so happy that Ugly Betty won last night. It's my favorite new show this year. I challenge anyone who's not watching it to at least try it -- it's so good. It's very funny and sweet, the writing is great (and very witty), and the actors do a wonderful job with the very lovable characters.

Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy
America Ferrera - Ugly Betty

Again, I'm very happy that America Ferrera won! I don't watch Desperate Housewives or The New Adventures of Old Christine, but I do watch, and love Weeds. I would've been cool with Mary-Louise Parker winning, but I'm so happy that America Ferrera was recognized for Ugly Betty.

Okay, that's my two cents on the Golden Globes, and it's nothing spectacular I know. I look forward to finding out the Academy Awards nominations on the 23rd. I always like to make sure I've seen all the Best Picture films prior to the Oscars.

0 comments: