1

Change in days . . .

Did I miss a huge memo or news story? Somehow, the day of the week I know as Wednesday has evidently been switched to Monday. Seriously, were that possible I would've sworn this morning was a Monday morning. I take I-285E to work in the morning. Anybody in Atlanta knows how bad I-285 can be anytime of day, especially during rush hour. Just as I merged onto the interstate I heard the traffic report: All lanes are blocked on I-285 Eastbound due to a 4-5 car accident. Seriously? I couldn't have heard the traffic report during the 30 seconds prior to getting on the interstate, when I still had the opportunity to go a different way? Needless to say, the 25 minute drive took me an hour. Once I made it to work, I had to correct a form document which has all sorts of little text boxes -- I hate dealing with text boxes. Getting that done took the better part of the morning. I really wanted to be productive today, but it just didn't happen.

On a better note, I received tentative good news from the physical therapist today. He poked and prodded by heavily bruised foot (hello . . . those bruises are painful!) and had me do some resistance exercises to test out the area. He also performed an ultrasound in order to rule out a stress fracture. He really made me nervous because he told me that if I had a stress fracture I would know the moment he started the ultrasound. Evidently soundwaves vibrating on fractures are very painful. Thankfully, there was no pain during the ultrasound -- or any of his tests for that matter. He suspects I actually have only a bad sprain which is healing nicely. I've been cleared to run -- thankfully -- but must start off with a slow pace. If it bothers me, I have to call and make another appointment.

So, tomorrow's bootcamp should give me a good idea of how it is. We're doing "bleacher creature" tomorrow which is done entirely on the stadium stairs and there is only a minimum amount of running. It will be a good starting point. Hopefully, I'm feeling strong enough with it on Saturday morning that I can join in on the 10K training run!

Also, dear, dear Helen! The Arnica Gel works great! Thanks very much for the recommendation!

Okay, time to make dinner and burn a couple of running CDs! (Aren't you proud I remembered Helen?)

1 comments:

Dogeared said...

I'm glad the Arnica gel worked so well! People at work raved about it, but I've never used it myself (I really don't bruise easily, so rarely have a bruise). I will know now that it does work though!

And I must finish adding songs to your CD! I have one song I want to buy for me, which I'll add to your CD, and a few other songs I didn't remember to put on Nsspense's CD. I need to go to the Post Office sometime soon, as I can post all these CDs, and also photos to my grandparents.