1

Ouch . . .

I've had a pretty good weekend. I've been all on my own, which has been nice.

Yesterday I watched baseball and football. Boston took one game from the Yankees, and then gave up the second one. They play another doubleheader today. Tennessee lost to Florida by 1 measly point! I was yelling at my television throughout that game so much I was hoarse!

Today, I went for a run. I went over to Lovett since I wouldn't have to deal with any traffic and it's a pretty campus. I ran 2 miles, if I mapped it out right, in 18:36. However, I had a negative split, running the second mile in 9:06, 12 seconds faster than the first. I'm not sure how that happened at all! On my way back, I was running across a wooden bridge which crosses the Chattahoochee River when I fell. I'm not sure if I tripped or if my left ankle gave out on me. I landed directly on my right knee. I was able to finish the run (and get a faster time)! My ankle's a little tight, but not swollen. My knee doesn't hurt but looks as if I've got a cotton ball stuffed under the skin! It's already bruising. I'm icing my knee right now, and then I'm going to ice my ankle afterwards.

Meeting some friends for lunch at Nino's Cucina Italiana. Hopefully my knee does alright.

My travel plans as far as work have changed, most likely to early next week. So, I'll still be in Atlanta this week. Hopefully my knee goes down so that I can still get my workouts in this week!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did 2 miles in 18:36? Pass some of that good running to me! (even when I was doing 2 miles, it was 20:25 that was my best time).

I need an injection of something into my running. I'm going to ct out chocolate again, up my fruit and veg, and start Tae Bo and pilates as supplements. I cut out chocolate before Race For Life and Sport Relief in July, and I was eating loads of fruit and veg. But I've slackened a bit and put a few pounds back on. Watching the crap food intake a bit better, and additional workouts from Tae Bo and pilates will hopefully benefit the running.

Oh and yes, keep RICEing your knee!

Helen