1

Day One . . . Round Two . . .

Thought I'd give a quick update regarding my workout session this morning. Today was the PT test, which includes a 1 mile run, a stair sprint, and 1 minute of timed push-ups and sit-ups. I increased my push-ups and sit-ups, my sprint time was roughly the same (.07 slower), but my mile time went up by almost 1 minute. That sucked. Although, I didn't get to run a whole lot during my break which explains the difference. I'm so tired because I didn't sleep well last night, but then had to be up so very early. I'm hitting the bed early tonight. I'm sure I'll sleep well. So far, I don't have much soreness. Just a tiny bit in my back.

Somehow this evening I've become sucked into watch Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. I enjoyed it very much when I saw it in the theater. I missed the first half-hour or so tonight, but watched the remainder while cooking, and then eating dinner.

I think I've decided to run the ING Georgia Half-Marathon on Sunday March 25, 2007. However, there is also one on Tybee Island in February and depending on how strong I feel (and if I can get someone to go with me) I might do that one instead. I'm still trying to decide on a 5K and 10K. I'm thinking I'll do a 5K on October 7th which supports the "fragile kids foundation." The only 10K that I'd be able to do schedule-wise is the Enmark Savannah River Bridge Run on December 2. Again , I'd prefer if I had someone to go with me (but I can work around that). The problem is, that bridge is a very high, 1.9 mile cable-stayed bridge! I don't even like driving over that bridge -- much less running over it (which, by the way, I'd have to do twice, because the 10K runs over the bridge and eventually back across the bridge)!

So, we'll see, I might get up the nerve to run across that thing.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been trying to work out how to keep running through the winter - the nights get dark early, there are few street lights in my village, I can't get to an athletics track, and I'm limited in which gyms I can get to (I don't drive or have a car). Out of the 2 gyms I could get to, one is very small and said no more than 20 minutes on the treadmill. Stupid ***ing gym. I don't like them anyway.

It's really worrying me... I might have to just try to run 2 miles during lunch a few times a week and then do longer runs at the weekend in daylight, and hope for the best. But I'll be working on an industrial estate (albeit at the edge), so I'm not sure how good the roads will be for running (with traffic).

And yay for day 1 of bootcamp! Don't fret too much about your run time, it'll get better [hug]

Helen