1

Day Two . . . Round Two

Just an update on my morning workout. The theme . . . pyramids and pain! I was a bit sore this morning, mostly in my back and quads. I think it came from running stairs yesterday. In case you don't know what pyramids are, I'll tell you. A pyramid is when you take an exercise and do 10 sets starting with 10, then 9, etc., once you get to 1 (the bottom of the pyramid) you go back up doing 10 sets starting at 1, then 2. etc. They suck, but they work! To be quick, for most of the exercises we did 110 repetitions. Those exercises were push-ups, fire-hydrants (leg exercises, think dog peeing on a fire hydrant), and Mary Katherine lunges. (MK lunges were created thanks to Molly Shannon's SNL skits of Mark Katherine and her movie "Superstar". The starting position is down in the lunge, and then you jump, switching legs. The picture below is close to the starting and ending position, (without the paint, of course) except you are in a lunge, not with one knee on the ground.)After, the MK lunges we did 50 mountain climbers, a few sprints and sit-ups. All in all, it was a tough workout. I'm sure I'll be very sore tomorrow. Thankfully, tomorrow is a recovery day, so no workout! Just lots and lots of stretching.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh a photo! :D

Yay for day 2 of bootcamp. Those pyramids sound interesting, I've heard of those with running (like 800m,600m, 400m, 200m, then back up).

Helen