1

Nothing much . . .

Not too much to discuss today.

The big thing is my cell phone seems to be working again. I hadn't tried to turn it on since Saturday. I decided to check it this morning and it actually turned on. The screen looks fine, save for a few small areas of white which are only noticeable if you look really close with the screen angled a certain way. The camera and video work fine, all the buttons are working, the speaker seems fine and it will dial out (although I get a non-activation message). I let the battery run down and it just fully recharged. I plan on seeing if the charge holds. After some research, I discovered there's a water damage indicator on the battery which is supposed to turn bright red to indicate water damage. Mine is still white, it looks exactly like the battery in my new phone. So, I'm hopeful that there isn't actually any water damage. I have until next Friday to return the new phone, so I have time to test out my old phone. Think positive everyone!

I have a job interview tomorrow afternoon. I spent some time this morning printing off a couple of extra resume and reference list copies to have with me. The interview is near the airport, which is about a 30 minute drive. I need to write down my questions/concerns so I have them down for the interview.

I'm trying to talk my Aunt into coming to Atlanta this weekend or me driving to Nashville where she lives. She's trying to decide whether she's going to East Tennessee (where most of our family lives). My grandmother wants her to do that. So, it's kind of wait and see. She's one of my best friends and we have so much fun together. I saw her for a couple of hours last month, when they drove through and we met for lunch (my second bad lunch -- in case you remember the post).

I've not been sleeping well. Have absolutely no idea why. I'm hoping its just that I've gotten my schedule off. Once I finally get to sleep I'm fine. Who knows.

In other news, interesting developments in the JonBenet Ramsey case. That whole situation is just crazy. I'm still not sure why a judge would sign off on an arrest warrant with the little bit of evidence the Boulder district attorney had. But, I'm not the judge. The information they did have is really interesting. The statements made by Karr via emails and phone calls did indicate his involvement. It makes me wonder if he's just obsessed with her (which seems sort of obvious) and has had some sort of contact with the person(s) who actually committed the crime.

Also interesting that Warren Jeffs was arrested/captured last night. He was in Vegas! I would imagine this is the only religious leader (at least a U.S. citizen) who was placed on the FBI's Most Wanted List. (I tried looking it up, but couldn't fine any definitive answer -- I also didn't see info about any other religious leader who was listed). The CNN article is here: http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/08/29/polygamist.arrest.ap/index.html . I grew up in a non-denominational Christian Church surrounded by Southern Baptists and Methodists. Needless to say, I have never met any followers of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Evidently, he's the leader of a sect of this Church. (I say this because it's something I've never been exposed too, as it's not found in the South very often.)

I'm excited to see the season finale of Rescue Me tonight. Hopefully it's good.

Didn't get to run yesterday. The only time I had a chance was when we were having a super strong thunderstorm. Hopefully I can get out late this afternoon or early this evening.

Bootcamp 2: 7 days!

1 comments:

Dogeared said...

Yay for your cell phone working again! (I'm desperately trying to avoid the ITYS phrase! ;-) ).

It's odd how electronics take so long to dry out - even though to our eyes they look dry, they're not.

Good luck with the job interview! And I hope your sleep pattern gets back on track soon [hug]

And I've met a couple of Mormons, but oddly enough, not in the UK - in Italy! In a seaside town... not sure why they picked there, but hey!

Good luck with your run! I went out tonight and had a better run - 1 mile out solid running, then 1 mile back but in 2 halves (I wussed out and took a 30 seconds break). But in my defence, the first mile was fast! It didn't feel fast and I wasn't aiming for it to be fast, but it was (for me). I took a 2 minute break, then did the return mile home. I feel better for that run (better given last week's runs).