2

I love sun . . .

I'm back from Florida! I'm sad and happy at the same time. I had a lot of fun with my family at the beach this past week. My sister-in-law and I get along great and laugh constantly. My nephew is a blast, although a little loud. The weather was perfect, it couldn't have been better. No rain, a steady 90 degrees all week long. We spent the days on the beach, went to dinner, and then after my nephew was in bed asleep, we played cards. Usually just Phase 10, which is such a fun game with a group, but we also played poker -- which I won! I've decided I'm ready for Vegas -- ha ha.

We went to a water park in Jacksonville one day, which was a lot of fun. We didn't know if my nephew would ride any waterslides but he did. He had so much fun and never hesitated on the slides. He would go down them with a huge grin on his face -- and he's 3 1/2! We were very proud! I think he would've stayed until they closed if we would've let him and this morning he wanted to go there instead of the beach.

I read a really good book while at the beach. It was "The Ruins" by Scott Smith. I usually don't read horror books but for some reason this one caught my eye. It was very intense and freaky. I can totally picture it being a very scary movie, at least psychologically, if it were made well. If you like the genre, I definitely recommend it.

I'm relaxing tonight, and washing clothes. My Mom is driving down tomorrow and then we leave for Barbados early Sunday morning. I'm so excited! I'm so glad that I didn't get sunburned in Florida. It should help be from getting burned in Barbados. I'll take bunches of pictures in Barbados, so expect a post all about the trip when I return!

2 comments:

Dogeared said...

That sounds excellent! A lovely, relaxing break with your family, and the perfect launchpad for the Barbados trip :-)

Worth all the hard study for, to have a holiday in Florida and then Babados, right? ;-)

Kerri said...

Absolutely worth it!