2

Stress . . .

Explain something please. Why is that when you are super busy or super stressed, your friends and family seem to think you have all the time in the world to a) talk on the phone about nothing, b) actually do fun things like shop, see movies, go out to eat, lay out by the pool, and c) just visit and hang out? What makes it so frustrating for me is that I'm the type of person who hates having people upset at tme, so I don't want to hurt their feelings. What does crack me up is that a couple have said stuff like, "So-and-so was going to call you today (to talk or invite me somewhere) but I told them you were really stressed and didn't have the time." For example, on Sunday the mother of my ex-boyfriend who was in town until today called me 4 times. She didn't call me because she needed something, she called "just to chat." I hated having to tell her that I really couldn't talk because I have to study.

Yesterday, I came home from taking another simulated MBE. I entered my apartment to the phone ringing, had a couple of phone calls about election candidates. While talking to my Mom later, my ex called. I called him back. While I was on the phone with him, the call waiting on my house phone beeped in AND my cell phone started ringing. Of all these calls, only one was exam related and it was my study partner. I've now turned off the ringers on my house phone. I've instructed my study partners, parents and my aunt that if they need me to call my cell, which I will check frequently for messages.

At the same time, I'm very lucky and thankful for my friends and family. My automatic response has turned into this: "I really would love to talk to you, or hang out, but I only have [insert days to exam here] left and I have to work. I'll talk to you after July 27th."

I literally feel like I'm losing my mind! I can't wait until this is over! This rant has made me feel just a tad bit better. Can you imagine how wound up I'd be if I wasn't working out? I shudder at the thought!

Countdown to exam: 12 days.

2 comments:

Dogeared said...

"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming..."

Good ol' Dory! She was a wise fish ;-)

Not long to go!

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»