6

Crash . . .

What a day! The hard-drive on my laptop crashed last night. I spent all day today getting myself back up. Not only did I have to purchase a new hard-drive, but also Microsoft Office, Photoshop, and a new wireless card. Not only am I broke, but I'm exhausted! Reinstalling all of this stuff is so time-consuming. Thankfully, I'm back up and running. The most frustrating losses are the portion of my law school outlines which weren't backed up and my artwork (mostly avatars, wallpapers, and a load of pictures of my favorite celeb).

The 4th was good, I grilled out with some friends. We didn't watch any fireworks since it was raining, but we still had a good time.

Countdown to exam: 20 days!

6 comments:

Dogeared said...

OUCH. That bites!

Hope you've managed to get everything running smoothly now - what a time for it to happen!

Kerri said...

Thanks! It's taken a couple of days, but I'm finally up and running again. Reinstallation is such a long process!

Dogeared said...

Go right now and burn everything like photos, docs and downloaded music, to CD.

I did it a while back, I need to update my CDs with new photos. A friend did it, and nagged her sister to do it. Not long after, her sister's iBook had a huge meltdown and I think needed a new harddrive. She lost some art work (she's at Uni or college), but she had most of her work and projects on CD, thanks to her sister's nagging!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»