2

Not enough time in the day . . .

I haven't been able to update lately because of my studying. That's a good thing though. I'm really starting to feel the stress of all this. I had a "breakdown" last night. I called my Mom in tears! Luckily, she's done this, so she knows exactly the kind of pressure I'm under (she, however, did it while I was a teenager -- so she was under more stress). I just needed to vent to someone last night.

I have a three day review course Wednesday through Friday of this week. Hopefully that goes well. I don't know if I'm going to like being around 300 really stressed out people. I've scheduled a massage for the weekend prior to the exam and one for the day after the exam.

Bootcamp is still going well. People are telling me they can tell a difference in my weight. I can't. I'm so glad I decided to sign up for this. It's given me an outlet for my stress, which I desperately needed.

Some friends of mine are planning on seeing "The Complete Works of William Shakespeare" at Atlanta's Shakespeare Tavern either this Saturday or next Saturday. It's supposed to be hysterical -- three actors do all of his works in 90 minutes. I really hope they decide to go this weekend, so I can go too. It will give me a couple hours of normalcy. There's no way I could go next weekend, it's too close to the exam.

The Red Sox/White Sox game yesterday went 19 innings! That's a doubleheader! Can you imagine 6 hours in those uncomfortable stadium seats? Unfortunately, Boston -- who was primed to sweep the White Sox -- couldn't hold out. The All-Star break has arrived which is always fun to watch. Speaking of sports, what's up with the French footballer headbutting the Italian? (I'm not much into World Cup, but saw the story online.) Crazy!

Countdown to the Exam: 14 days! (Sheesh -- it's only 2 weeks away!)

2 comments:

Dogeared said...

Someone told me that weight loss is noticeable when you've lost 5kg I think. Or maybe it was lbs?

I've heard of the Shakespeare thing, it would be fun, and a break from your studies.

I'm sure you'll do fine, and yay for your Mum being there to stop the implosion. You're approaching this sensibly and knowing that you need breaks. I knew it when I had exams, but I could never take breaks, because I'd leave studying a little too late, and so any time not studying (or procrastinating or stressing), couldn't be used for relaxing, because I'd be thinking about the work to be done.

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»