1

Tennessee . . .

Just a short little post. I'm in Tennessee for the weekend. I drove up, amidst a ton of traffic, last night.

No bootcamp on Wednesday or Thursday. Wednesday was a scheduled rest day, but Thursday was cancelled. Friday was a fun day, but it was cold! We did a stair run, shuffles, dips, push-ups and step-ups and then about a 30 minute run. My arches have started cramping up on me during my last few runs. I hope I can get that sorted out. Thankfully, my shins feel fine.

Today, I went for a run in one of the local parks. I actually ran into a guy I went to high school with. He was much, much taller than I remember him being! Afterwards, my grandmother and I went driving around. We stopped and had lunch at Aubrey's Restaurant and then drove into Townsend and into the Smoky Mtns. National Park. We had planned to drive over to Cherokee, North Carolina and over to Maggie Valley. However, traffic held us up. We ended up turning around near Gatlinburg and heading back into Townsend. We stopped at the Apple Valley store and I bought some homemade apple butter and dill pickles (not to eat together). We also looked at quilts. I found two that I loved, but they were so expensive! Instead of driving home the exact way, we drove over the Foothills Parkway to Chilhowee Lake. We saw lots of pretty fall colors, some of which I have pictures of.

Tomorrow, I'm heading to my Dad's to visit that side of the family. I'll get to see my nephew, which is always fun. After that, it's a drive back down to Atlanta and then the start of another week!

1 comments:

Dogeared said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend!