1

My New Shoes . . .

Yesterday I went to Big Peach Running Co. for some new shoes. My Nike's are beat from camp. Anyhow, Big Peach offers video gait analysis. They put you in a pair of running shoes and record you running on a treadmill. When you review the video with them, you find out whether you over or under pronate (where your feet roll in or out too much during your strides), or whether you have a neutral gait. This helps in your shoe selection because you are able to purchase a shoe which properly supports your individual feet. I learned that I over pronate (my feel roll in) just a little bit. Other than that, everything about my foot is pretty normal! I've never worn Asics before, so I'm anxious to see how they do during my runs and at camp. I'm also hopeful they will help with my shin splits. I should have close to a netrual gait and therefore proper alignment when I run. I don't like that the shoes are so white, so I look forward to getting them dirty this week!

I also bought some Jelly Belly Sport Beans in orange and blueberry, and picked up November "Runner's World" magazine. Now, I get to stare at another handsome athlete for the next 30 days. Last month was Dean Karnazes and this month it's Lance Armstrong! Speaking of Dean, he ran marathon 22 of 50 today and ran the marathon course in 3:20:04, which is his fastest time so far. You'd think running a marathon every single day would tire your body and you'd run slower, but evidently not!

I think Shannon and I are going to hang out later today. I'm trying to catch up on the shows I Tivo'd this past week. I only have "Nip/Tuck" and "The Nine" left to watch. I am really enjoying "Heroes", "Ugly Betty", and "Dexter". Although, I've been told that "The Nine" will be my favorite. It's supposed to be really good.

1 comments:

Dogeared said...

I want to get gait analysis when I go to buy shoes. I've not tried the Jelly Belly beans, not sure if we have them here, but I have bought some Lucozade carb gels (3 for 2, so I got 2 of them and a Lucozade drink).

Hope the shoes help!