0

The Woe of the Kidney Infection . . .

Want a fun way to spend a Friday night? Head on over to your local Emergency Care Clinic! These are free-standing clinics that operate as emergency rooms, but usually without the four hour wait.

I'd gone to my doctor on Tuesday for a pretty simple infection, which was worse after the typical three day treatment. As the day progressed yesterday the constant ache in my lower left back got worse and worse. I suspected a kidney infection. I was right. I received a shot in the butt and another week's work of antibiotics. Thankfully, I was in and out within an hour and was treated by a very fun doctor. She was so fun that she seemed to think the hallucinations I have as a result of my codeine allergy would be, "Fun!" Yeah, right -- they are not fun. They're scary!

I'm feeling better this morning. My lower back is only a tiny bit achy, which is good. Evidently, last night's antibiotic shot was a good one.

Today, I'm apartment hunting. I have a nice, not so little list of places to go. I dread looking. I also dread packing things up and moving. There are two good things about moving this time: 1) I get to hire a moving company since my piano is very difficult to move, and 2) I have my very own truck to assist me. There will be no more stuffing things into a tiny Acura Integra.

I finally received my race number for the Peachtree Road Race. Sadly, I didn't receive one of the 250 silver numbers which would've placed me in a contest to win an all expenses paid trip to Dublin, Ireland. I so wanted to go to Ireland. Heck, who am I kidding, I'll take an all expenses paid trip to almost anywhere!

0 comments: