1

Peachtree Road Race . . .

So, today is the day the application for Atlanta's Peachtree Road Race comes out. I snatched up my paper very early this morning to prevent anyone from stealing it! (It happens in apartment complexes!) My application is completed, a copy of my passport is ready to go, along with my entry fee. I'll put it in the mail first thing tomorrow morning.

For those of you unfamiliar, the P'tree Road Race 10K is very competitive in Atlanta. It's capped at 55,000 runners. They automatically accept the first 45,000 entries they receive and then randomly select 10,000 more from all the applications. The first year I applied, I got a number, but ended up not being able to run and gave it to a friend. The second year, I didn't get in. The race is held the morning of July 4, you know, when it's miserably humid in the city of Atlanta! I'll keep you updated -- I should know within a couple of weeks if I'm in.

Yesterday, my Will and I headed to Nuevo Laredo for some yummy Mexican food. Their lobster tacos are the best! Afterwards, we drove around the city a bit. We stopped at a couple of little neighborhood stores, grabbed some coffee, and checked out Park Tavern's St. Patrick's Day event. It was a beautiful day, but quite cool. Afterwards, we went back to his place and watched some of Shortbus. We'd seen it at the Landmark Theater during its run and it's good, very graphic, but good. Anyway, we checked out of some of the special features and what not.

Today I plan to get through four days worth of newspaper! I got behind this week. I also have several movies that I need to watch, one being, An Inconvenient Truth.

Next Sunday is the ING Georgia Marathon/Half-Marathon. I'm telling you all right now, with no shame, that my time is going to be horrible! My longest training run is about 8 miles. I had three weekends within the last month where I haven't been able to run, plus having some sinus issues that kept me heavily medicated! So, I'm sure I'll be walking a decent portion of the race. I figure, as long as I finish, and do not get picked up by the sweeper bus, I'll be happy. Surely I can do it in 6 hours! Plus, I have another one the end of April. That one will be much better.

1 comments:

Dogeared said...

It's not April 12th, you're not due for an entry! :P

Good luck with the P'tree race entry, I'm sure it'd be a good race! And good luck for the 1/2 marathon, I'm sure you'll be surprised at how well you do!

And it sounds like yesterday was an awesome day, I wish I'd been there!

[hug]