1

I won! I won!

I am a fan of Pete Yorn. That being said, I was very sad when I discovered that the night he was playing in Atlanta was the night before the ING Half-Marathon. This meant, of course, that I couldn't go. I have to be up early Sunday morning, and staying out late is certainly not conducive to that. However, my favorite Atlanta Radio station 92.9 Dave FM announced last week that Pete Yorn was coming in for their "Circle of Friends." This is a "win your way in" thing, so I've been constantly trying to win since they announced it.

So far, I'd been getting nothing besides a busy signal. That, however, changed today. I called in trying to win by answering a Matt Kearney trivia question, but I missed it . . . barely. Sully told me I was so close, but not exact. Darn! Later in the afternoon, Sully asked for caller 19 . . . I dialed and it rang and rang and rang and then disconnected. Then, I started getting busy signals. I decided to try one last time. It rang . . . and Sully answered! I won passes into the Circle of Friends! I'm super excited because this is the only way I was going to be able to see him while he was in Atlanta. So, sometime after Saturday I shall have a Pete Yorn story, and hopefully some Pete Yorn pictures!

If you're in Atlanta, check out 92.9 Dave FM, it's a great station. Mara's "Radio Free Lunch" at noon is very cool, and Sully's "Retro in the Metro" at 5:00 is my favorite. If you're not around Atlanta, they stream live . . . so check them out!

On another note . . . Jones Soda Co.'s Strawberry Lime Soda and Cream Soda? Yum!

1 comments:

Dogeared said...

That's brilliant! I hope you enjoy it!