2

*insert witty title here*

I have fallen in love. Unfortunately, I have done so way late in the game. It seems that during my haze of law school studies I missed what might possibly be the funniest show ever! What show is this, you ask? Why, it's none other than The Office. Now, I have never seen the British version with Ricky Gervais, but the U.S. version is hysterical. However, I have the UK version at my disposal, so it will be watched eventually.

I don't watch a lot of sitcoms. Aside from the shows I watched as a kid ( The Cosby Show, Cheers, Family Ties, Who's the Boss, and The Facts of Life), I really only watched Friends. For some reason, I've been more into the dramas. Steve Carell and the rest of the cast have made me laugh out loud so many times, and John Krasinski is completely swoon-worthy.

I am very much looking forward to watching Season 4.

I am also in the process of watching Six Feet Under. I have managed to get my hands on the entire series on DVD, but it's coming along slowly. I've actually only watched the first two or three episodes. For some reason, it hasn't drawn me in. I'm hoping that it will.

In other news, marathon training for the ING Georgia begins September 1st! Check out my nifty little countdown clock to the left. Please join me in praying for cooler temperatures and lower humidity in the city of Atlanta . . . oh, and rain would be good, too!

2 comments:

Dogeared said...

I really don't like Ricky Gervais, who plays the main character (David Brent) in the UK version of The Office. He makes me cringe. So I've never watched the UK version, and as I have no access to the US version, I've not watched that either.

Do you remember Ricky Gervais played the bomber in the season 3 Alias episode, something like "Blowback"? (where Sydney had killed his brother as part of being in the Covenant, and Ricky's character wants revenge). Only time I've liked Ricky Gervais!

(he seems quite arrogant and thinking he's God's gift to the entertainment world, having done The Office and Extras.

[/rant] (sorry!)

Allison said...

The UK Office is soooooo different from the US Office. It's harsher, and significantly more painful in its harshness, and I don't think you connect with the characters as much at all. That's not to say it wasn't good - it was clever and very well done and unexpected and all that but darnit, you ENJOY the US version more. At least I do.

Anyway, lemme know if you actually get through any more episodes of Six Feet Under. I watched the last half of season 6 through the series finale before I ever saw the first episode or any other ounce of the show, so I don't remember when the lightbulb went off and I knew I'd like the show. (As opposed to if someone started watching, say, The Wire or Veronica Mars, I could tell them my lightbulb moment was episode 4 for both.) Could have been the series finale. Hahaha. Strange. Oh, no I do remember a lightbulb moment but I have NO clue what episode it was. Sometime in season 1 though.

Okay, I'll stop now. Came to see if your 12 of 12 was up. :)