5

(12 of 12) 2.0: August

Okay, so I missed July, but I'm back with my August 12 of 12! Check out Chad's site for everyone else's day, and the rules of the game.


2:29 a.m.: I am getting into bed really late for me.


7:45 a.m.: And, yes, I forced myself to get up early so I would be able to get into bed for work! This is the Chattahoochee River, my new apartment complex fronts the river. I was hoping to get down here early enough for it to still be misty, but it's just too hot and humid for much mist lately.


7:48 a.m.: Here's another shot looking in the other direction, there was a fishing boat just past those branches.


8:00 a.m.: After walking around the river trail and going up to grab my mail from Saturday, I'm back at my apartment ready for some coffee and my Sunday paper. This is the view from my patio, lots of trees!


8:20 a.m.: Scrambled eggs and toast for breakfast . . . with coffee, of course. The top story for the Sunday paper . . . sorority rush at UGA. Seriously. It was a slow news weekend in Atlanta, evidently.


9:30 a.m: After eating breakfast and reading through the paper I hopped onto iTunes and downloaded the new Emerson Hart CD "Cigarettes & Gasoline." I love Emerson and the CD is great!


1:30 p.m: Last weekend I went to a peach themed party and had the best Peach Salsa (and Peach Sangria!!) so I decided to make some. This is everything I need save one item I forgot to lay out. We have peaches, a tomato, jalapeno pepper, cilantro and red onion. Know what's missing?


1:35 p.m.: A lime! Thankfully, I still had a couple in the fridge.


1:45 p.m.: And . . . the finished Peach Salsa, which was very yummy.


4:30 p.m.: Time to unpack the new Tivo box. Before I moved I had a Charter DVR box, so I didn't need Tivo. Now, I will have DirecTV (in 2 days) so I decided to get Tivo while there was a good deal. This one gave me a $150 rebate!


4:35 p.m.: While unpacking, I decide to watch an episode or two of Six Feet Under. I've got the entire series to watch.


8:00 p.m.: This is my Korres Rose Face Mask, which I'm going to use before bed. Don't worry, there will be no picture of my face all white and masky.

Bonus Pic: This month's word was "light". So, I decided on my Haagen Dazs light ice cream. This is Dulce de Leche, but I also tried out Coconut Pineapple this week. It's really good, too!


That's my day in a nutshell! See you next month!

5 comments:

Dogeared said...

Yay, you're back! Looking forward to the apartment photos, this 12 of 12 is evidently just a teaser! ;-)

Allison said...

Hee, Helen! Fun pics and that peach salsa definitely still looks fantastic!

Poun said...

The lake look gorgeous !!!! and that peach salsa (and the haagen-dass) surely made me hungry !!!
oh and i adooooOooore your six feet under dvds box...so cool !!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome pics! Love the view from your apartment!!

Elaine said...

TiVo is possibly the best invention...EVER! DVR does not come close. Enjoy!