0

An Explanation Please . . .

Now that I have DirecTV I have the option of watching a wonderful network. One that I've always secretly wanted but could never have because I was a cable subscriber. It's a channel that all Red Sox fans would probably love to have. NESN, the New England Sports Network. Ah, yes, getting to watch Boston Red Sox baseball to the commentary of Remy & Orsillo rather than Joe Morgan (who never seems to get a score right) or Rick Sutcliffe (I have a very good reason for disliking Sutcliffe . . . just ask me!).

Why was I so excited about tonight's game? Because it's Red Sox v. Yankees, the first of a three game series, in New York, with Boston 8 games ahead in the AL East, and the pitching match for tonight is Dice-K v. PettiTte! Tonight's game should be a great pitching match!

So, now you are aware of my excitement for tonight's game. A game which, if I want to watch live, will have to be watched online via the MLB gameday. Why, you ask? Why would I have to watch in this fashion if I subscribe to NESN? Because stupid DirecTV blacks out the game! It's not even showing on another network! Tomorrow, fine . . . black it out all you want because I'll watch Beckett & Clemens duke it out on ESPN. (Hello! Beckett v. Clemens!) But why must they blackout tonight's game?

I've heard a vague rumor from my very good friend (who shall remain nameless because he's a Yankee fan) that DirecTV does the same with the YES network. This makes no sense to me! So, officially, DirecTV . . . you are on my list!

0 comments: