1

A Polenta Conspiracy . . .

So, after work yesterday I finally made it to Publix with the grocery list I'd been carting around for an entire week. It was not as crowded as I expected for early on Friday, thankfully, so I didn't have to deal with any obnoxious folks. However, after marking off every item on my list, sans one, I ran into some difficulty. Polenta. I love polenta, it's yummy, quick and easy to make. I've purchased it at this very Publix on several occasions. However, last night when I went to the rice section . . . it was gone! So, I carted over to the spices/baking aisle near the corn meal and breading . . . nothing. I checked in the cereal aisle near the oats and the grits . . . again, nothing! I asked an employee . . . he'd never even heard of polenta. Seriously? He went to see about getting help from another employee who knew they carried polenta but had no idea where it was. It was at this point that we ran across a lovely pregnant woman with her very cute 3 year old daughter. She was also searching for polenta. We were finally able to find it together, sans employee help, in the organic foods aisle. Two tiny little box holders with bags of polenta. Thank goodness!

1 comments:

Dogeared said...

I remember another online friend searching for it once, I think - I think they found it in the world foods aisle.