0

Reminiscing . . .

Isn't it interesting the way smells trigger certain memories? Tonight I ended up driving back to the office around dusk because I'd forgotten one tiny thing I need for court tomorrow morning. Since it's a nice night out, I had my windows down. As I was driving, I caught the scent of something that immediately made me think of home. I had to laugh out loud because it isn't a scent one usually wants to even smell, much less that tends to be associated with good things. :lol: Any ideas?

Chestnut trees.

Anyone who has smelled them knows chestnut trees have a very . . . distinct smell. :lol: I immediately took a deep breath, thought about home, and then called my Mom. We have a large chestnut tree ione corner of our backyard, and my aunt has one just down the hill. Both of them bear chestnuts every year and give off that well known, sort of oily smell. Every year around this time it's all you could smell around our house! I never in my life thought that would be something that would make me smile. Who knew?

0 comments: