9

12 of 12 (3): January 2008

It's time again for 12 of 12, round 3! As always, all credit goes to Chad Darnell for the great idea!


9:30 a.m.: Good morning!


1:15 p.m.: After breakfast and the Saturday paper it's time to hop in the shower. I'm thinking I might use this picture for my "stripey" 366 theme.


2:30 p.m.: It's out of the house . . . finally! I'm on the way to the grocery store. Thankfully, I can listen to my iPod in the truck . . . it's Jon's CD!


3:30 p.m.: I took a detour on the way home from the grocery store. I decided to drive through the Chattahoochee Rec Park that is just down from where I live. I snapped this picture out of the front windshield!


3:45 p.m.: A truck full of yummy food! Now to carry it in and put it away.


4:40 p.m.: I've decided to make pot roast for dinner. Here are my veggies: carrots, mushrooms, and onions.


4:45 p.m.: And, here is the roast. The recipe I'm using is from The Pioneer Woman Cooks.


4:50 p.m.: After searing the roast, I deglaze my dutch oven with a little red wine and beef stock. Then, I add the meat back in, add more beef stock and Herbs of Provence. Yum!


4:55 p.m.: And, here is the yumminess just before it's placed in the oven to cook for two hours!



5:15 p.m.: I've been having issues today with my DSL connection. It seems to come and go as it pleases. See the little red light on the right . . . we want it to be green.

Yay! It's green!


7:15 p.m.: Dinner is served!


7:20 p.m.: With a dented can of ginger ale on the side.

That's my lazy Saturday! Please check out Chad's site for the other 12 of 12s!

9 comments:

Elaine said...

You said "deglaze"! You're a chef! The pot roast seriously looked de-lic-ious! Ain't nothing wrong with lazy Saturdays!

Allison said...

ooooh, yummy! and i really like your shower curtain. i've been on this kick to find a striped shower curtain with colors like those, but also with purple in it! it is not an easy task.

anyway, hope your dsl co-operates soon. i usually have to reset mine whenever there is bad weather. annoying!

Christin said...

Such a yummy 12 of 12! :drool: The pot roast looks delicious. I'll have to try it one day. :nod:

And :telepath: for continued DSL-ness.

:hug: :smooch:

Kerri said...

Allison -- Target is the place! That's where I found mine. :nod:

Christin said...

Such a yummy 12 of 12! :drool: The pot roast looks delicious. I'll have to try it one day. :nod:

And :telepath: for continued DSL-ness.

:hug: :smooch:

Dogeared said...

I hope your DSL starts working better! And cool shower curtain, being all stripey!

Scooter said...

Great pix...you can never go wrong with food photos!

Susan said...

that pot roast looks yummy!! I think it must be getting to lunch time around here!! good luck with your dsl....mine likes to play the same games!

Zippy said...

I gutted out looking at that slab of dead flesh to reach the end of your 12!! Sorry but YICK! Liked your shower curtain, though!