1

366 Pictures: #32 Rain

Photobucket

Atlanta had a series of thunderstorms move through right as I was getting home from work. I literally closed the gate leading to my apartment, safely out of the drizzle, only to hear the sound of a torrential downpour! The wind was howling, huge gusts of wind, and all the trees across the walk were really swaying. All of this plus the downpour. While I was on the patio taking pictures my neighbor sprinted by on his way to meet friends for dinner. Poor guy didn't even have an umbrella!

So, these aren't the best pictures, but they give you an idea of what our thunderstorm looked like. This was around 7:00, so normally it would be plenty bright outside.

Photobucket

Date: July 8, 2008.

1 comments:

Dogeared said...

How odd with the rain - in these photos, it looks so much like snowflakes falling! I love torrential thunderstorms and heavy rain (when I'm inside, obviously :P), but it's not something I associate a lot with Georgia!